Department: Information Services
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
February 17, 2017; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include the following:
1. A resume/CV and;
2. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
3. Three professional references
Any applications missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job number and job title.
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon's natural and cultural treasures.
The Enterprise Systems Integrator delivers end-to-end Business Applications (i.e. CRM, Business Intelligence) solutions for the University of Oregon. The position participates in cross-functional teams addressing strategic needs that advance the University's mission. The position functions across teams that includes DBAs, middleware, and project management to deliver solutions for campus stakeholders. The position researches both vendor and custom options for the best solution within local constraints, and then designs and develops processes to support data and event integration among multiple systems and coordinates system configuration and maintenance tasks for the UO enterprise. This includes ongoing maintenance and support of existing solutions and the design and development of new features, integrations or applications as needed. This position develops and maintains high quality and up-to-date critical system documentation.
Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
• Minimum of three years programming and analytical experience supporting computing users in a networked environment, including experience with relational databases, web applications and web based application programming.
• Demonstrated experience with ETL processes and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to integrate disparate products/systems
• An understanding of the security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding institutional data
• Application development experience using SQL
• Demonstrated ability in writing triggers, stored procedures, views, functions, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with SQL performance tuning
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a high productivity and occasionally stressful work environment
• Demonstrated ability to think objectively and creatively, focusing not only on details, but accurately comprehending the larger issues and being able to accurately and clearly communicate the relation between both.
• A high level of internal motivation and an ability to work patiently with clients and co-workers and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
• Experience with SQL Server Management Studio
• Experience with SSIS / SSAS / SSRS
• Experience writing complex SQL reports
• Experience with CRM solutions; such as, Talisma, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
• Experience with ERP solutions; such as, Banner, PeopleSoft, etc.
• Experience with a SQL IDE such as Visual Studio or PL/SQL Developer
• Development experience using Oracle RDBMS or other relational database systems
• Experience with ITIL or ITSM
• Experience in higher education IT environment
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.