Department: Office of Admissions
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $51,000 - $56,000 per year
Application Review Begins
April 10, 2017; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply online and submit a cover letter, resume, answers to supplemental questions, names and contact information for three professional references.
1. Please indicate area preference: Chicago, IL or Denver, CO.
2. Do you have a valid driver's license and driving record that is UO Certifiable?
3. Are you able to work irregular hours which may include nights and weekends?
4. Give examples of technology that you have used for record keeping and data management.
5. Give an example of your experience working independently or remotely.
The Office of Admissions includes over 50 staff who are engaged in the work of recruitment and outreach to prospective undergraduates, and making admission decisions on all applicants for freshman, transfer, and post baccalaureate undergraduate admission. Admissions is a unit of the Division of Student Services & Enrollment Management, and works closely with several other units of that division, especially Scholarships/Financial Aid and Orientation, as well as the Division of International Affairs.
Within Admissions, the recruitment & outreach team that includes this position is a dynamic, committed group of professionals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who are often the first UO representatives that thousands of students per year from around the US and beyond will meet in the process of choosing whether to apply to, and ultimately attend, the University of Oregon. Their care for the students extends beyond the desire to have students choose Oregon, and also extends to our outreach mission, making sure that students and their families feel empowered about the college preparation, search, and choice process, regardless of where they enroll. In light of the university's growing presence around the US and beyond, we are adding to this dedicated staff in order to accomplish even more in our work.
Based in the Chicago or Denver area, the Assistant Director for Regional Recruitment is responsible for representing the UO in their area, as well as supervising/coordinating UO recruitment goals for Colorado, Texas, and Illinois. Additionally, this individual will represent the UO in multiple capacities that include, but are not limited to, college access programs, community based organization partnerships, equity and access initiatives with local school districts as well as general student admission counseling, recruitment travel, application review, scholarship review and marketing/enhancing the UO's academic image. The individual will plan and facilitate multiple large and small scale programs in the region, including receptions for prospective students and families, targeted events for specific populations (top scholars, underrepresented students, STEM students), college application workshops and more. This position will supervise two Regional Admission Counselors and reports to the Associate Director for Recruitment & Outreach.
This position requires an extensive amount of travel, often including locations that are not serviced by public transportation.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years' undergraduate admissions experience in a medium-to-large public research university
This position will require a valid driver's license and the ability to obtain UO Drivers Certification as well as the ability to work irregular hours and travel extensively on nights and weekends
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• Ease in using technology for communication, record keeping, and management of data
• Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to function independently from a remote location, and the ability to conduct responsibilities from residence
• Must be detail-oriented and possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work and communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Proficiency and fluency (grammar, spelling, syntax, structure) in both oral and written Spanish skills
• Experience with high school relations and recruitment activity specifically in the Denver or Chicago area
• Experience with software systems such as Banner, Talisma, College Board EPS, or similar databases/CRMs
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.