Department: Information Services
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Compensation Band: OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Review Begins
August 25, 2017; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include the following documents:
1. A resume/CV and;
2. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Any application missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete.
If you would like to view the complete position description including the duties please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title and job number in the subject line.
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon's natural and cultural treasures.
Reporting to the Director of Identity and Directory Services, the Enterprise Applications Administrator is responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the University of Oregon’s centralized electronic communication services. This position is a key member of the team devoted to Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Instant messaging and other electronic communication applications and services that are consumed by thousands of University staff, students and faculty daily.
The Enterprise Applications Administrator manages the campus communication services in coordination with the Senior Microsoft Exchange administrator. Management duties include active collaboration with other Information Services units and University technology professionals, developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-range goals. This position is also responsible for determining resource needs and priorities and making recommendations. In addition, this position is a critical component in the ongoing development, implementation, and management of repeatable procedures, policies and application documentation. This position produces recommendations for critical campus-wide services related to communication and productivity.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience typically gained through 2-3 years of enterprise application administration experience
• Working knowledge of Active Directory and its relationship to dependent services
• Working knowledge of monitoring and alerting software (Nagios, Zabbix, SCOM, etc)
• Experience leading technology implementation projects
• Proficiency using scripting languages such as PowerShell, bash, or perl
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of diverse IT professionals, clients, and partners
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of protecting sensitive and private data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills
• Working knowledge of and experience supporting email implementations for organizations using the Outlook client, Outlook for Mac and Outlook Web Access
• Understanding of basic identity and access management concepts
• Experience managing open source based mail list services (GNU Mailman)
• Experience with systems automation, change management, capacity planning, documentation
• Experience in a mixed Microsoft/Linux environment
• Experience managing instant messaging services (XMPP - Jabber/OpenFire/Skype For Business, etc)
• Familiarity with enterprise data protection (CommVault Simpana, NetApp Snap Manager for Exchange, or other)
• Experience working in a large environment with a distributed administration model
• Experience managing and integrating various Office 365 services (Office 365 Pro Plus, Skype For Business, Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc)
• Experience providing high-availability services to enterprise clients via load balancing and/or server clustering technologies
• Mastery of basic security concepts relating to messaging as well as anti-virus and anti-spam
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.