Department: University Health Center
Classification: Office Specialist 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $12.51 - $17.57 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes December 20, 2017
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, please include the following:
• Complete online application
• Current resume, including dates of employment
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is a nationally accredited (AAAHC) outpatient clinic providing primary care to students at the University of Oregon. The UHC’s mission is to provide exceptional culturally competent health services and public health leadership that enhances personal success and optimizes health and wellness for a diverse campus community.
This position reports to the Front Office Manager. The primary purpose of the Front Office Specialist is to competently assist patients prior to and during their appointment by obtaining and updating the patient’s personal and insurance information into our systems. By serving patients in an inclusive, professional, cheerful and helpful manner this position acts as a liaison between the patient, provider and other UHC Departments to help ensure that patients receive the care they need.
This will include using pre-determined guidelines to schedule patients both in-person and over the phone; knowledge of health insurance, routing inquiries to the appropriate person or department, according to policy; providing general information and assistance regarding UHC services; using an electronic medical records system to appropriately document visits and encounters; and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment through the provision of excellent, culturally competent customer service.
This position works during the academic year. Employment of academic year employees may be extended into the breaks and/or summer term to meet the departmental and/or operational needs of the UHC. Working hours may vary and may include weekends and holidays.
• Completion of courses or training in Office Technology; OR
• One year of general clerical experience which included typing, word processing, or other generation of documents; OR
• An equivalent combination of training and experience
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM).
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• Strong customer service skills both in person and via telephone
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency and a high level of attention to detail
• Must be able to work well in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work with discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment.
• One year experience scheduling medical appointments, using established guidelines
• Two years’ experience in admissions or patient registration in a clinic, hospital or ambulatory care facility
• Experience working with an electronic health record
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.