Department: University Advancement
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $35,000 - $45,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA03-Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Review Begins
January 25, 2018; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application:
• A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare
you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement. Please
discuss each element completely and succinctly.
• A resume of your educational and professional work experience.
University Advancement is responsible for strategically positioning the UO with its various constituents and securing resources to further its aims. The division consists of approximately 200 employees primarily working out of Eugene, with offices in Portland and Bend. Departments within University Advancement include: Advancement/UO Alumni Association, Development, Stewardship and Public Events, Advancement Operations, Federal Affairs, and State and Community Affairs.
The University of Oregon Alumni Association (UOAA) makes the UO stronger by fostering lifelong relationships, helping Ducks become champions, cheerleaders, ambassadors and advocates for the university. Launched in 1879 with five alumni, the UOAA is proud of its long history of keeping alumni connected to the university and offering a wide array of opportunities for service. With a membership of more than 27,000, the alumni association serves as an important connection to the university for the more than 220,000 alumni around the world. Our vision is to be among the very best alumni relations programs in the country, enriching the lives of Ducks and the UO.
In order to establish and cultivate lifelong relationships among alumni, the Alumni Program Manager will serve as a representative for the organization’s multi-faceted University Advancement (UA) mission.
The Alumni Program Manager plays a central role in coordinating and producing events that advance the UOAA mission and accomplish regional outreach strategy objectives for University Advancement. This position is directly responsible for coordinating the alumni reunion program, which includes recruiting, training, supporting and recognizing volunteers in addition to providing logistical support for meetings and reunion activities. This position serves as the program manager for assigned special and recurring events for UOAA in addition to annual and regional advancement. This position also serves to coordinate event strategy within annual and regional advancement to ensure events are achieving stated objectives for engagement.
This position requires access to transportation for occasional travel to meetings and events, and the Alumni Program Manager must be able to work occasional nights and/or weekends to fulfill special projects and events.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, social science or comparable field; OR five years’ experience in the non-profit sector and/or higher education; OR associate’s degree and two years’ experience.
• At least six months’ experience in producing events and meetings for both internal and external audiences.
• At least six months’ experience in project management, setting timelines, and defining milestones for completion.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and design events, measure impact and ROI, and build longitudinal strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage programs.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to achieve operating goals.
• Experience with financial management and budgeting.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners, including volunteers, faculty, staff, and others as appropriate.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven proficiency with Excel, Word, and Outlook (or similar scheduling/calendar program), and familiarity with Microsoft Office and routine software applications.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
• Commitment to and experience with promoting and enhancing diversity and equity.
• Ability to adapt as new situations arise.
• Familiarity with alumni relations and advancement in a higher education setting.
• Experience in managing contracts and agreements with external vendors.
• Experience in volunteer management or in organizations with extensive external outreach.
• Familiarity with the University of Oregon and UOAA.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.