Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Classification: Hvac Control Technician
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $20.15 - $25.48 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes January 25, 2018
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure consideration, please upload the following with your online application:
• A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement. Please discuss each element completely and succinctly.
• Current resume, which includes dates of employment and clearly highlights experience that meets the required qualification
The University of Oregon Intercollegiate Athletic Department's primary purpose is to provide a unique opportunity for student-athletes to be developed, tested, and encouraged to reach their maximum potential in every aspect of their lives. It is the steadfast goal of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide the most outstanding student-athlete experience by helping them to achieve excellence, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport. The department has approximately 250 administrative & classified employees and hosts over 600,000 spectators annually and represents the University of Oregon in athletic competition with other universities & colleges.
The Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Technician uses knowledge of pneumatic and electrical/electronic/DDC controls to perform skilled work. This position performs preventative refrigeration/HVAC maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of HVAC systems. Work performed may include, but is not limited to, replacing broken or worn parts, evaluating replacement alternatives, equipment set-ups, and equipment alignment/calibration. Equipment may include industrial, commercial, domestic HVAC and refrigeration equipment, motors, CRAC equipment, Audio Visual equipment, scoreboards, lighting systems, pumps, compressors, boilers, card access systems, building alarm and DDC control systems. The HVAC Control Technician will read and interpret control logic diagrams, wiring schematics and written instructions with the goal of preventing system failures.
The Athletic Facilities Department believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Therefore, this position description is intended to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, rather than to define an exhaustive list of responsibilities. This position assists in creating a work environment that emphasizes customer service, teamwork and the protection/preservation of the department’s physical assets.
This position will require a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain UO Driver’s Certification.
This position requires physical labor; walking, bending, climbing, stooping, reaching overhead and working in inclement weather.
• Graduation from an accredited school (two year program) in heating and air-conditioning and two years of full-time experience installing, altering, calibrating, repairing, and maintaining HVAC control systems and performing corrective and preventive maintenance on HVAC systems. Two additional years of qualifying experience may be substituted for the two years of education.
• Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired
• Experience providing excellent customer service while completing work within stringent timelines
• 5 years of commercial and industrial HVAC and refrigeration maintenance experience using HVAC diagnostic tools, PLC/DDC controllers and other trade tools
• 5 years of experience organizing and self-directing maintenance work
• Possess Universal EPA refrigerant certification
• Possess a current State of Oregon Limited Energy Technician Class B License or better
• Completion of an approved Industrial HVAC Mechanic apprenticeship
• HVAC certificate or associate's degree program
• Experience with Siemens building automation software
• Experience with Daikin heat pumps
• Experience with variable refrigerant flow heat pumps
• Building automation (computerized controls/management system) experience
• Extensive experience repairing HVAC/refrigeration equipment using 3 phase power up to 480v
• Ability to braze refrigeration piping
• Ability to work in a safe manner around large crowds (54,000+)
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.