Department: University Health Center
Classification: Mid-level Medical Practitioner
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $33.85 - $51.81 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes February 28, 2018
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, please include the following:
• Complete online application
• Cover letter which expresses your interest in the position and fully articulates how you meet the minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and any preferred qualifications you may have
• Current resume which includes dates of employment.
• Three professional references, one of which must be current or most recent supervisor (if not currently employed). Candidate will be notified prior to references being contacted.
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is a nationally accredited (AAAHC) outpatient clinic providing primary care to students at the University of Oregon. The UHC’s mission is to provide exceptional culturally competent health services and public health leadership that enhances personal success and optimizes health and wellness for a diverse campus community.
The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive health care, with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention, including diagnosis, treatment, and referral services to students in a clinic setting. Nurse Practitioners are medical clinicians who are independently responsible and accountable for direct patient care within the framework of the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice and the State of Oregon Nurse Practice Act.
This position reports to the Medical Director.
This position works during the academic year. Employment of academic year employees may be extended into the breaks and/or summer term to meet the departmental and/or operational needs of the UHC.
The person in this position must share Saturday weekend duties with the other members of the Medical Staff. Weekend duties occur about once a month, but could occur more or less often depending on the number of medical staff members sharing the duties. This requirement is the same, regardless of the position FTE.
• Current Oregon license as a Registered Nurse and possession of a valid certification as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, or ability to obtain both by the agreed upon start date of employment.
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM)
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree
• Valid certification as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority issued by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, or ability to obtain the certification by the agreed upon start date of employment
• Current Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification through the ANCC or equivalent organization, or ability to obtain the certification by the agreed upon start date of employment
• Current Drug Enforcement Administration license for prescription of controlled substances, or ability to obtain the license by the agreed upon start date of employment
• Current CPR Certification, or ability to have the certification by the agreed upon start date of employment
• Experience working with international students
• Prior urgent care experience
• Prior experience in eating disorders
• Three years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.