Department: Lundquist College of Business, Sports Product Management Program
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Review Begins
June 26, 2018; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications.
3. Please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
Since 1914 the Charles H. Lundquist College of Business has taught its students the critical skills they need to think for themselves, to be leaders in a dynamic world, and to make better decisions on behalf of the people and resources they manage. We are a top business school with a unique mission and vision that draws strength from our links to the Pacific Rim and the distinctive qualities of Oregon culture: innovation, sustainability, active lifestyles, financial stewardship, and respect for individuality and diversity within an increasingly global community.
This position has two distinct areas of influence in the Portland Programs (PP) division of Lundquist College of Business.
The first area is Sports Product Management program (SPM) specific. In this role, the Assistant Director of Portland Programs is tasked with continuing to build and manage long-term synergistic relationships with top 100 companies and individuals in the Sports Product/Outdoor Industry. These relationships form the basis of the program engagement with industry, and enable the delivery of revenue producing workshops, paid internships and full-time job placement post-graduation. Additionally, this role 1) Builds a pipeline for industry advisors, mentors, coaches, paid internships, company projects and jobs; 2) Leads in the selection and recommends influential members of the industry to serve on the SPM Advisory Board and Product Review Panels; 3) Assists in recruiting practitioners and speakers. In addition, this position has primary responsibility for PP workshop and industry event budgets, and is responsible for supervising the activities of classified personnel and student workers supporting workshop and event execution.
The second area of responsibility is PP Career Services. This position coordinates all career services activities between PP and LCB Eugene Career Services.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in communications, business, or related field.
• Seven or more years identifying, developing and stewarding corporate relationships in the sports product industry.
• Five years of talent acquisition experience to include experience hiring into sport product industry functions including product development, engineering, design, marketing or merchandising.
• Experience developing and implementing experiential learning opportunities, such as internships, workshops, and industry events.
• Three years of supervisory experience in an industry or academic setting.
• Professionalism, adaptability, and initiative.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and leadership.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively, utilizing a range of communication channels with diverse groups of students, faculty, administrators, alumni, staff, and other partners and business people at all levels of an organization.
• Commitment to working effectively within an increasingly diverse work environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (or similar software) and experience collecting, analyzing, and accurately reporting data.
• Experience working in higher education.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.