Department: Knight Campus
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $42,000 - $52,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA05-Fiscal Year 2018-2019
Application Review Begins
May 7, 2019; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include a resume and cover letter that demonstrate how you meet the posted qualifications and competencies and why you are interested in this position.
The Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact is a billion-dollar initiative designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. The Knight Campus will reshape the higher education landscape in Oregon by training the next generations of scientists, forging tighter ties with industry and entrepreneurs and creating new educational opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) to the Associate Vice Presidents (AVPs) of the Knight Campus provides high-level executive support including complex calendar management, coordinating executive communications, responding to emails and phone calls, managing complicated travel itineraries, generating and preparing formal documents, and interfacing with the broader campus on behalf of the AVPs. The AA actively participates in Knight Campus initiatives and activities that foster a welcoming and inclusive environment, with particular attention to the unit’s administrative functions, event coordination, and executive support. This position regularly interacts with UO leadership, faculty, staff, and students while also engaging with internal and external partners, which requires high levels of sensitivity, confidentiality, and cultural awareness. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and exercise creative problem solving skills.
• Bachelor’s degree OR four years of progressively responsible work experience in business administration and/or event coordination.
• Three years of progressively responsible work experience in providing administrative support to senior executives.
• One year of experience planning, coordinating, and executing events.
*Note: Experience may be earned concurrently.
• Demonstrated high-level attention to detail, strong organizational skills and consistent follow through.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and follow processes, plus demonstrated good, independent judgement on when and how to deviate from processes.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures; Commitment to promoting an inclusive work environment.
• Proficiency with software and technology, including electronic calendars, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Professional work experience in higher education.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand.
• Experience preparing professional presentation materials using PowerPoint or similar software.
• Experience with BANNER, Concur and/or similar information system.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.