Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA05-Fiscal Year 2020-2021
Application Review Begins
August 3, 2021; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure consideration, please upload the following with your online application:
• Current resume, which includes dates of employment and clearly highlights experience that meets the minimum required qualifications.
The University of Oregon Intercollegiate Athletic Department's primary purpose is to provide a unique opportunity for student-athletes to be developed, tested, and encouraged to reach their maximum potential in every aspect of their lives. It is the steadfast goal of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide the most outstanding student-athlete experience by helping them to achieve excellence, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport. The department has approximately 250 administrative & classified employees and hosts over 600,000 spectators annually and represents the University of Oregon in athletic competition with other universities & colleges.
The General Manager is responsible to set-up and manage concessions events at Matthew Knight Arena, Hayward Field, and Jane Sanders Stadium. This position will also manage all catering operations for the Concessions Department. The General manager reports to the Food and Beverage Director, and supervises classified employees, volunteer employees, and student/part-time employees.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Pac-12 Conference, and the NCAA.
Additional expectations of position:
• Valid Driver’s license with the ability to be approved to drive university vehicles.
• Ability to obtain Oregon Liquor Control Commission servers permit and obtain local Food Handlers Card.
• Five years of relevant food service/catering management experience
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Bachelor’s Degree or Culinary Degree
• Two years’ work experience working in collegiate or professional sports concessions
• Professional Cooking experience
• Demonstrated history managing marketing elements that include product, price, portion, and production decisions
• Experience leading, training, and evaluating a part-time and not-for-profit volunteer workforce
• ServSafe certified
• Experience managing commercial kitchen facilities
• Working knowledge of point of sale system and inventory reporting system
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.