Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA05-Fiscal Year 2021-2022
Application Review Begins
September 27, 2021; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure consideration, please upload the following with your online application:
• Current resume, which includes dates of employment and clearly highlights experience that meets the minimum required qualifications.
The University of Oregon Intercollegiate Athletic Department's primary purpose is to provide a unique opportunity for student-athletes to be developed, tested, and encouraged to reach their maximum potential in every aspect of their lives. It is the steadfast goal of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide the most outstanding student-athlete experience by helping them to achieve excellence, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport. The department has approximately 250 administrative & classified employees and hosts over 600,000 spectators annually and represents the University of Oregon in athletic competition with other universities & colleges.
Plan, organize and supervise event management program and procedures at Matthew Knight Arena for University of Oregon Athletic Events, University of Oregon events and outside events brought to the arena by outside promoters. Responsible for creating and supervising an event staffing plan that is comprehensive, fiscally responsible, and customer service oriented.
Interacts with department and university personnel; advises and counsels event services personnel as required regarding administrative procedures, facility policies, and operational procedures of the Athletic facilities. Responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of materials and personnel resources plans that will provide for the comfort and safety of patrons at all events.
Responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• 2 years of event management experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry.
Flexible work schedule, to include some evenings and weekends dictated by events schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to work with many different departments and outside parties in creating comprehensive and cohesive event experience.
• Experience in all aspects of event management at a large sports and entertainment facility including advancing events with outside promoters.
• Experience with AutoCAD.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in leading staff and/or vendors in an event setting.
• Ability to make high level, independent decisions in pressure situations.
• Ability to give direction to Athletic Department Senior Leadership.
• Knowledge of facility operations, public safety, client services, and sales and marketing philosophies and procedures.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated experience and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment.
• Experience in large scale event production, preferably with sports and entertainment.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a collegiate setting in regards to event coordination.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.