Department: Lundquist Admissions and OEMBA Program, Lundquist College of Business
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2022-2023
Application Review Begins
October 31, 2022 (updated); position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include the following documents with your online application:
1. A resume/CV.
2. A cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and, if applicable, preferred qualifications for the position. Please describe how you have added value in previous roles and how you would add value in this role.
3. A diversity statement that highlights contributions and commitment to diversity. The Lundquist College of Business is committed to creating an equitable learning and working environment that actively respects, includes, and engages everyone. What would that mean to you in this role? How would that inform your work?
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers as part of the application process. Any application missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete. In order to ensure consideration, please submit your application materials prior to or on the listed review date.
The Lundquist College of Business is most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t think you meet every one of our preferred qualifications--use your application to let us know what excites you about the role and what transferable skills or other qualities you would bring.
To receive a copy of the full position description, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lundquist College of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest accreditation standard for business schools internationally. Lundquist offers both undergraduate and graduate level education in business on the University of Oregon’s main campus in Eugene, OR, as well as two graduate business degree programs in Portland, OR. These include the Oregon Executive Master’s of Business Administration (OEMBA) and the Sports Product Management (SPM) program, which together are referred to as Lundquist Portland Programs.
The Oregon Executive MBA (OEMBA) is a transformational experience that gives already accomplished professionals the confidence and skill to become successful leaders in today’s complex and global business world. Collaborating with your cohort of talented peers and learning team is one aspect of the Oregon Executive MBA experience. Getting an insider perspective from leaders in business, government, and nonprofit organizations who visit the program is another aspect. Global Study trips, networking with other executive MBA students and alumni and forging new bonds with unexpected contacts complete the package.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Lundquist Admissions and the Director of OEMBA, this role is a part of a comprehensive team that provides leadership and oversight to all Lundquist College of Business recruiting and admissions activities. The primary focus of the Senior Associate Director of Executive Admissions is serving the OEMBA program and supervising various functions, which support the achievement of enrollment objectives for OEMBA. The secondary focus is assisting the Executive Director of Lundquist Admissions with identifying, designing, and implementing recruitment strategies while overseeing the day-to-day operations supporting the recruitment, admission, and retention of graduate students.
Responsibilities include identifying, executing, and managing innovative, effective recruitment events; finding and cultivating qualified prospective students; and attracting top students to both apply and enroll in the OEMBA program. The Senior Associate Director will also have opportunities to recruit and admit students to Executive Education programs in development.
The Senior Associate Director will be an experienced leader, with a motivating presence and an outgoing and open communication style, and must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with prospective students, team members, faculty, current students, alumni, administrators, and staff; and serve as a liaison between prospective students and the Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon.
• Bachelor's degree, AND seven years of demonstrated experience that includes a combination of the following (three or more must be met):
a. Experience in admissions or other student affairs setting.
b. Experience in successful recruiting or consultative sales.
c. Demonstrated leadership and management experience, a strong understanding of admissions processes, and highly developed analytical skills.
d. Demonstrated networking experience with local, regional, national, and international business communities.
e. Conceptualizing events, programs, and/or resources that align with an organization’s strategic goals, and planning and executing these events, programs, and/or resources.
f. Supervision of a team (including but not limited to performance management, professional development growth, and development of performance metrics).
• A combination of education and experience (as described above) totaling 10 years.
• Expertise in problem-solving, and demonstrated persistence in accomplishing goals Proven track record of developing successful recruiting programs.
• Professionalism, adaptability, and initiative.
• Strong writing and presentation skills that demonstrate experience developing narratives that persuasively share information
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively, utilizing a range of communication channels with diverse groups of students, faculty, administrators, alumni, staff, and other partners and business people at all levels of an organization.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (or similar software) and experience collecting, analyzing, and accurately reporting data.
• Ability to travel independently, locally, and regionally.
• Commitment to working effectively within an increasingly diverse work environment.
• Master’s Degree OR a combination of two additional years of education and experience (as described in the minimum qualifications above).
• Five or more years of job-related experience in recruiting in a university environment.
• Proficiency in managing CRM or student information databases.
• Experience recruiting for executive graduate programs.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.