Department: UESS - PathwayOregon
Classification: Administrative Program Assistant
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $17.43 - $26.00 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
April 3, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents with your online application:
• A resume.
• A cover letter highlighting how your knowledge, skills, and experience qualify you for the requirements, competencies, and qualifications outlined in the job posting.
• The names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers.
UESS promotes academic excellence, universal access, engagement, and achievement for the student scholar. UESS programs focus on the educational trajectory of the student by providing opportunities and services essential for progress toward scholastic objectives and intellectual development. UESS departments and programs serve the entire population of UO undergraduate students and partner closely with other campus units to support student success and engagement.
This position is housed in PathwayOregon, a unit within the Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success (UESS). PathwayOregon is the University of Oregon’s promise of full tuition and fees and comprehensive support for lower-income Oregonians. The program serves over 2,600 undergraduates reflecting a diversity of backgrounds, including first-generation, low-income, rural, and underrepresented students. PathwayOregon aims to help students meet their individual graduation goals while increasing lower-income student retention and graduation rates overall. Participating students receive financial funding and are connected to a dedicated team of advisors who provide holistic wraparound support.
The Data and Program Assistant is responsible for program data administration in PathwayOregon and supports the coordination of PathwayOregon program services and operations. This position maintains the tracking of student participant data and program service delivery for approximately 2600 active participants, including the collection, file and record keeping, processing, analysis, and reporting of confidential data. This information is used internally to track student progress, direct advisor outreach, and program resources, and assess the effectiveness of program components. Externally, data is used to fulfill annual reporting requirements and communicate program impact.
This position coordinates data-driven outreach and advising campaigns to support participants’ degree progress and fulfillment of program requirements. This requires regular consultation with program staff and the development of corresponding procedures, systems, and tools necessary for efficient workflow and work completion. Additional support of PathwayOregon services and operations may include coordination of appointment scheduling, student employee payroll, electronic and digital communications, and program purchasing.
This position also works closely with UESS Degree Progressions Team to support campus-wide advising outreach and campaign efforts through data tracking and reporting support.
The program assistant works independently to complete projects from set up to completion and, collaboratively in a dynamic team environment. This person must be committed to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and engage in continuous learning to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Three years of office experience which included two years at full performance level and experience generating documents, AND
• Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent record-keeping skills.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and arrange complex data.
• Ability to show initiative and confidence in making independent decisions; knowing when and to whom to refer a wide range of problems and inquiries.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds in support of a welcoming and inclusive environment.
• High level of skill in Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar software) as well as a high-level understanding of navigating and maintaining a database.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times, including understanding FERPA and other regulations that guide record keeping, tracking, and interactions with colleagues and students.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and a varied task load.
• Proven ability to proactively anticipate needs.
• Experience with data management systems and/or data analysis tools.
• Experience working in a higher education setting.
• Experience managing and understanding a large quantity of complex data.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://hr.uoregon.edu/uo-covid-19-vaccination-requirement-employee-process.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.