Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Classification: Trades/Maintenance Worker 2
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $16.71 - $24.83 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
June 7, 2023
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a resume which clearly indicates the positions and dates at each job.
The University of Oregon Intercollegiate Athletic Department's primary purpose is to provide a unique opportunity for student-athletes to be developed, tested, and encouraged to reach their maximum potential in every aspect of their lives. It is the steadfast goal of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide the most outstanding student-athlete experience by helping them to achieve excellence, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport. The department has approximately 280 administrative & classified employees and hosts over 600,000 spectators annually and represents the University of Oregon in athletic competition with other universities & colleges.
The Trades Maintenance Worker 2 position independently performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks and coordinates with journey-level tradespeople in the completion of work tasks at all athletic facilities (Autzen Stadium, Casanova Center, Moshofsky Center, Hayward Field, Jane Sanders Field, PK Park, Jaqua Center, and McArthur Court) when necessary, including but not limited to general labor, painting, plumbing, carpentry, equipment maintenance/repair, routine electrical work that does not require a license, and the care of sport surfaces. In addition, this position assists other trades/maintenance 2 workers and journey-level trades workers with maintenance and repair tasks at all athletic facilities.
This position will generally work a schedule that is Tuesday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., which will support events at all athletic department facilities for both department and non-department events. Shifts will vary from 7:00 am - 1:00 am throughout the school year/competitive seasons.
• Three years of general building maintenance experience in one or more of the following trade areas: carpentry, electrical, mechanical, painting, plumbing, and welding.
• Ability to perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem-solving and positive interactions.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Ability to maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Ability to provide superior customer service.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Athletic field maintenance experience.
• Irrigation repair or large grounds maintenance experience.
• Familiarity with custodial responsibilities/skills for large event clean up.
• Knowledge of Pest Control processes and procedures.
• Familiarity with the City of Eugene Storm Drain filter inspection procedures.
• Three consecutive years of facilities maintenance work experience in Higher Education, medical facility, large manufacturing facility, or similar.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://hr.uoregon.edu/uo-covid-19-vaccination-requirement-employee-process.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.