Department: University Advancement
Classification: Info Technology Consultant
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $20.28 - $37.59 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes December 13, 2023
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application:
A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement.
A resume of your educational and professional work experience.
Please Note: We may contact applicants who meet the minimum requirements in the job posting to request additional information for the next stage of review.
University Advancement (UA) supports the University of Oregon’s (UO) mission of providing exceptional teaching, discovery, and service by strategically positioning the university to create awareness, build long-term relationships, and secure resources that increase understanding and further its aims. The division consists of approximately 200 employees primarily working out of Eugene, with offices in Portland and Bend. We are committed to fostering equity and inclusion in a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment that recognizes the value of all members of our community.
The Advancement Strategies and Technology Innovation (ASTI) department is focused on finding the solutions for foundational issues that will best position University Advancement (Advancement) to achieve its goals around engagement and fundraising. The department has a unique function in that it is based in Advancement, but also has a strong working partnership and provides strategic direction to University of Oregon Foundation (UOF) and UO Information Services staff.
The Senior Training and Knowledge specialist will assess, plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate a learning and knowledge management program for platforms, digital skills, and business processes to support strategic initiatives within University Advancement (UA).
The specialist designs, manages, and maintains training and knowledge management programs for platforms and skills tied to UA’s digital transformation. Platforms and skills within the scope of this position include but are not limited to UA’s Salesforce-based customer relationship management (CRM) tool, a digital marketing/communication tool, data security and maintenance procedures, and digital and data skill development. The specialist ensures new employees receive role-based digital and data training during onboarding, and tracks and manages employee engagement with required annual trainings. The specialist also partners with colleagues in central UO Learning and Development and UO Information Services’ User Support Services team to co-develop and co-deliver training for Advancement staff using enterprise-wide platforms and digital skills. The specialist will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing, and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of training interventions.
The specialist is responsible for managing and disseminating knowledge critical to the success of the Digital First Strategy team. The specialist plays a vital role in ensuring University Advancement team members are equipped with the latest industry insights, tools, and best practices to excel in their roles. This position leads business process documentation efforts across UA for tools and software within the DFS portfolio, ensuring comprehension and consistency, as well as continuously updating and curating content for relevance and accuracy. As a member of the team leading Advancement’s digital transformation, the specialist will work with Advancement colleagues in a way that fosters a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
To be successful, the specialist will need to be highly organized and adaptable, capable of providing excellent customer service, and comfortable working with technology and data as well as demonstrating excellent communication skills.
This position is located in Eugene and is be eligible to work a hybrid schedule. This position will need to work on campus approximately three days per week.
• This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
• Independence and creativity in project management and implementation.
• Independent judgment, and ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external audiences.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with faculty, staff, fundraising colleagues, and others, and willingness to contribute to new initiatives and discussions.
• Ability to interact, communicate, and work effectively with individuals, recognizing and respecting the many and varied identities of each person.
• Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with different audiences through different channels.
• Ability to learn and teach skills, processes, and tools.
• Ability to assess needs, develop curriculum, deliver training, and evaluate trainee proficiency.
• Ability to partner and collaborate with internal teams.
• Ability to organize, synthesize, and summarize knowledge and information.
• Ability to document business processes.
• Effective time management and project prioritization.
• Adaptable and able to thrive in fast-paced, agile work environments demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
• Experience as a trainer which included responsibility for assessing, planning, delivering, and evaluating training needs in a program or organization.
• Experience in higher education.
• Experience with fundraising or a closely related field such as sales.
• Leadership skills.
• Experience with fundraising or sales business processes and tools.
• Experience with using digital tools to streamline and improve day-to-day work.
• Experience with Salesforce products.
• Experience with instructional design and training platforms.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.