Department: University Advancement
Classification: Administrative Program Assist
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $17.43 to $26.00 per hour
Review of Applications Begins (Updated)
Position closes March 3, 2024
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application:
• A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement.
• A resume of your educational and professional work experience.
Please Note: We may contact applicants who meet the minimum requirements in the job posting to request additional information for the next stage of review.
University Advancement (UA) supports the University of Oregon’s (UO) mission of providing exceptional teaching, discovery, and service by strategically positioning the university to create awareness, build long-term relationships, and secure resources that increase understanding and further its aims. The division consists of approximately 200 employees primarily working out of Eugene, with offices in Portland and Bend. We are committed to fostering equity and inclusion in a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment that recognizes the value of all members of our community.
The Advancement Strategies and Technology Innovation (ASTI) department is focused on finding the solutions for foundational issues that will best position UO Advancement to achieve its goals around engagement and fundraising.
The department has a unique function in that it is based in UO Advancement, but also has a strong working partnership and provides strategic direction to UO Foundation (UOF) and UO Information Services staff.
The Administrative Program Assistant (program assistant) is responsible for assisting Advancement Strategies and Technology Innovation (ASTI) teams, with particular focus on assisting Prospect Development and Digital First Strategy teams in an administrative capacity, conducting a wide range of administrative and technical tasks and providing core office support.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the Assistant VP Advancement, Strategies and Technology Innovation, the program assistant conducts a wide range of administrative and technical tasks and provides core office support to help several areas within ASTI achieve their mission. This position will take requests via phone, email, messaging app (Teams) and in person. They will order supplies, distribute mail, use Outlook to create and maintain contacts and perform complex scheduling tasks with both internal and external parties, generate reports using multiple data sources, and maintain internal documentation. Additionally, they will, assist team members with the creation and maintenance of communication materials, and produce content for ASTI intranet sites as needed.
This position assists the organization of audits and technology use across Advancement as well as manages program subscriptions, coordinates travel arrangements, and conducts expense processing for staff and internal events for the unit. Additionally, the program assistant recruits and provides oversight of student employees from specific areas within ASTI including coordination of schedule, training, and workload.
As a frontline communicator for Advancement Strategies and Technology Innovation, this position interacts with individuals from all areas of University Advancement, all other departments located in the Ford Alumni Center, as well as other campus staff and partners as needed. The program assistant’s work involves a wide range of assignments and technical functions and requires the ability to perform these duties with varying levels of independence.
This position is located in Eugene and will be expected to work on campus at least three days per week.
• Three years of office experience which included two years at full performance level and experience generating documents; AND
• Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Word and Excel or similar software; ability to work with workplace collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
• Ability to efficiently prepare reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
• Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with leaders and high-level stakeholders.
• Ability to manage competing deadlines and a varied task load.
• Ability to be proactive and set priorities that facilitate workflows and promote effective follow-up.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with discretion and diplomacy.
• Excellent project, time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Experience in a higher education setting or complex organization.
• Familiarity with the field of fundraising.
• Experience providing customer service to donors or clients.
• Experience with project management.
• Experience with Sharepoint.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.