Department: Center for the Study of Women in Society
Rank: Associate or Full Professor
Annual Basis: 9 Month
Review of Applications Begins
April 16, 2022; position open until filled.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• A letter of interest, describing relevant research, administrative, and funding, and budget
• Curriculum vitae;
• Copies of two representative publications; and
• Contact information of three references
The Center for the Study of Women in Society (CSWS) is an interdisciplinary research center that generates, supports, and disseminates research on women and gender. CSWS is supported by an endowment and other funds generated through gifts, and is in the division of Research and Innovation.
The Center for the Study of Women in Society (CSWS) invites applications for the Director position. This three-year renewable appointment as director will begin September 15, 2022. The director should be a tenured professor at the UO and have an active research agenda relevant to the work of CSWS. The appointee will have reduced FTE in their department while serving as CSWS director at 0.5 FTE with a stipend of $6,600 from the Office of VPRI
As director, the successful applicant will direct and administer center activities, facilitate and pursue interdisciplinary research, oversee the internal grant programs, and assist CSWS and affiliates in obtaining funding to support research activities. The CSWS Director reports to the VPRI and will work closely with an interdisciplinary advisory board and the center’s staff.
• Ph.D. and status as a tenured associate or full professor in an academic department at the UO; and
• Evidence of sustained excellence in research and teaching on women and gender.
• Familiarity with the breadth of intersectional gender scholarship and theory;
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting interdisciplinary works and collaboration; and
• Demonstrate ability to work efficiently with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds.
• Previous administrative and supervisory experience; and
• Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, related to the mission of CSWS to “create, fund, share, and support research that addresses the complicated nature of gender identities and inequalities.”
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.