Department: Sports Product Management Program, Lundquist College of Business
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA06-Fiscal Year 2021-2022
Application Review Begins
October 4, 2021; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying, attach the following electronic documents:
• A resume/CV
• A cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and if applicable, preferred qualifications for the position. Please describe how you have added value in previous roles and how you would add value in this role
• A diversity statement that highlights contributions and commitment to diversity. The Sports Product Management Program is committed to creating an equitable learning and working environment that actively respects, includes, and engages everyone. What would that mean to you in this role? How would that inform your work?
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Any application missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete. In order to ensure consideration, please submit your application materials prior to or on the listed review date.
Since 1914 the Charles H. Lundquist College of Business has taught its students the critical skills they need to think for themselves, to be leaders in a dynamic world, and to make better decisions on behalf of the people and resources they manage. We are a top business school with a unique mission and vision that draws strength from our links to the Pacific Rim and the distinctive qualities of Oregon culture: innovation, sustainability, active lifestyles, financial stewardship, and respect for individuality and diversity within an increasingly global community.
The Sports Product Management program delivers Master’s of Science degrees two ways: an 18-month full-time program delivered in Portland, OR, and a part-time online program delivered to students anywhere in the world. Within SPM, industry’s top talent educate future leaders through experiential education grounded in innovation, sustainability and global business perspective. Educators in SPM bring a combination of education and extensive industry experience to the program, with many holding a Master’s degree or PhD. Our instructors have extensive professional experience working in leadership roles within various functional areas of large and small sports product companies.
SPM is seeking a dynamic team member with the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, and manage and prioritize multiple tasks or projects. The successful incumbent will be able to follow through and work independently without supervision, while handling frequent interruptions and shifting priorities. This position is responsible for assisting with the successful delivery of assigned projects with administrators and stakeholders, ensuring use of standardized project management methodologies, processes and tools and providing oversight and coordination with other project resources and support personnel as appropriate. Based on the requirements of the position, the successful incumbent in this position will have the ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex information and to effectively present information to various university stakeholders including senior leadership, faculty, students, and staff.
This position regularly requires the exercise of independent judgment and a comprehensive knowledge of the University of Oregon, its programs, and personnel. The person in the position handles and is involved in many sensitive and confidential issues, and is responsible for fostering positive relationships both internal and external to the campus while managing multiple projects within firm schedules.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of SPM.
• Bachelor's degree with three years project management experience; OR
• Seven years of experience in project management within a large, complex organization.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (or similar scheduling/calendar program), and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and project management tools.
• Effective and professional written and verbal communication abilities.
• Expertise in working effectively and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Proven ability to be effective in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Proven project management, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage details of multiple complex projects within firm schedules.
• Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, organized, and flexible. Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills. Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to manage stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to use sound judgment and initiative, particularly as it relates to handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
• Commitment to and experience with promoting and enhancing diversity and equity.
• Project management experience in a higher education environment.
• Experience working in an institution of higher education and related organizational structures, policies and procedures, emerging issues in higher education, and familiarity with relevant rules, policies, and laws.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.